Hotmail Outlook Login – Logging in or entering your Hotmail email – now called Outlook – and checking the inbox is very simple. Accessing the email with address @ outlook.com, @ hotmail.com and other addresses provided by Outlook will require you to enter your access data on the official Outlook or Hotmail page whose link we will provide below. Direct access to the Hotmail / Outlook mail service
(link to the official site to log in to www.hotmail.com)
Regardless of the reason to check your email, logging into www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com (remember that Hotmail has changed its name to Outlook, however, old addresses are still used on the new site) is a procedure Simple that you can do so from the web browser, using your mobile or computer. You can also log in to Hotmail / Outlook using the application available for Android and iOS. Next, in InfoCuentas we will help you step by step to access your inbox.
Log in to Outlook / Hotmail from the web or computer
The web platform from the browser is the most used to access Outlook or Hotmail mail, you can do it from the browser of the computer as well as from the mobile. These are the steps to follow:
- Enter https://www.outlook.comand press the ” Login ” button. If you have already previously logged on to the same device, you will be shown the login page directly. You can also directly access the login page from https://login.live.com.
- Enter your email address and press the ” Next ” button.
- Enter the password to access your account and then press the “Login” button.
- If you have entered all the information correctly, you will be taken directly to your email inbox.
How to access the Outlook.com / Hotmail.com inbox
To directly enter the inbox of your Outlook or Hotmail email, just log in to the service; After that, you will be taken directly to the list of received mails, also known as an “inbox” or inbox.
- Go to https://outlook.live.com/owa/?nlp=1 to log in to your Outlook or Hotmail account.
- Enter your email address and press the ” Next ” button.
- Enter your password and press the ” Login ” button.
- You will then be directed directly to the inbox of your Outlook email.
If you are logged in to your account and have not been directed to that sector, you can access it directly from https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox or by pressing “Inbox” in the sector on the left.
Sign in to Outlook / Hotmail from the mobile application
Outlook (or Hotmail, whatever you want to call it) has a mobile application that you can install on your device, be it Android or iOS. Next, the steps to log in from the official Outlook application.
- Download the application from the corresponding store.
- Once installed, access it and press the ” Introduction ” button.
- In the ” Add account ” section, enter the Outlook email address you have registered, then click “Continue.” This application also supports email from other providers such as Yahoo or Gmail.
- Type the password corresponding to your email account, then press “Login.”
- If you don’t want to add another account, press “Skip.”
- Ready! You will see your Outlook inbox from the application.
After adding your Outlook or Hotmail account to the official application, it is recommended that you activate the notifications to be aware of all the emails that arrive in your inbox. It is also possible to access your email directly from the mobile browser, by entering the outlook.com address in your preferred browser.
Problems logging in, what to do?
There may be problems when you log in, but don’t worry, this is very normal. Generally, if you do not remember your password or your email address, there is a way to recover access to it as long as you have assigned recovery information when creating your account. We will cite the most common problems:
- Forgot password: It is possible that when trying to access your inbox you will see the wrong password error, which makes it impossible for you to access your account. Reset your password by accessing the link https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx, you will need active recovery information in your account.
- You cannot obtain the security code: if you have no way to verify your identity, go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx, enter your email address and then click on the link “I don’t have any of these tests”. Then, follow the steps to recover your account.
- Account locked with a 30-day period: If Microsoft has detected that your account was compromised, you may be asked to change the security and recovery information for the account, after which a 30-day security period must pass before you can log in again. This is an extreme case but it can happen.
- Two-step verification active: If you activated two-step verification, you must use the corresponding application password to log in.
- Profile locked: Outlook blocks accounts that have violated their usage rules or that have been compromised. To recover access, you must follow the verification steps by SMS.
- When traveling or logging on to another device: Outlook may detect that the logon activity is suspicious if you try to do it from a different device or from a different location; To be able to log in under these conditions you must verify your identity with the SMS or email recovery method.
Tips to log in safely
Many account thefts are generally due to carelessness when logging in to the Outlook service or any other service that requires entering a password through the keyboard. That is why we will give you some tips so that the login to your account is as safe as possible, avoiding the loss of your account and that it ends up in the hands of malicious people.
- Check that the address of the page where you enter your data is the official one: the Microsoft email service can only be accessed through these official addresses: live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, microsoft.com, msn.com and also with the subdomain login, account or mail. x .com (being “x” one of the addresses mentioned above). Make sure the address in the browser is one of them, if you see something weird like 1- outlook.com, stop! It can be a possible phishing attempt.
- Keep your antivirus active and updated. Antivirus and antimalware are extremely important to detect malicious programs that collect sensitive information such as passwords, keep them updated!
- If it is not your computer, log out at the end. Do not make the mistake of leaving your session active on devices that do not belong to you, other people could check your email!
- Update your password regularly; If you want help in that regard, check out our article on how to change the Hotmail password.
Enjoy the service that Microsoft provides free of charge without any inconvenience by following the advice we have just given you.
What is Outlook and what are its differences with Hotmail
The outlook is one of the most used email services on the internet, as we have already told you at the beginning of the article. The creation of an account in this service provides access to several services offered by Microsoft, such as Skype, OneDrive, Office 360, among others.
If your email is @ hotmail.com, it will surely seem odd to you to have to log in to the Outlook email, however, you should know that Microsoft has changed the name of the Hotmail service to Outlook in 2012, although the transition It has become effective only in 2013. This Microsoft email service has gone through several names in the past: Hotmail, MSN Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail, and Outlook.com, which is why Hotmail Outlook Login can appear in different domains:
- Mail.live.com: Live.com belongs to Microsoft and there are several Outlook emails registered under the address @ live.com or @ live.es.
- MSN.com: By accessing the Microsoft MSN.com site, you will have a direct link to the mail services. MSN means “Microsoft Network.”
- Hotmail.com: The classic address, existing since the launch of the service in 1996.
- Outlook.com: The new address, which remains until today.
- Microsoft.com: It is the main domain of Microsoft. On some occasions, a Microsoft page may ask you for your Hotmail or Outlook data.
Microsoft has also acquired regional domains for its Hotmail Outlook Login email service, such as hotmail.com.mx, hotmail.es, outlook.com.mx, among other domains available to some users Hotmail Outlook Login who wish to create an account from certain countries.
It is important that you know that information to avoid confusion or doubts when accessing the Microsoft email service.
Read More Articles Click Here.