How to create an account or register an email in Gmail – Next, we will guide you through the process to obtain a new Gmail account. For now, Gmail only allows you to have an email address with the domain @ gmail.com, although you always have the option to create a Google account using another email address. For this process, we recommend you have a phone number on which you can receive an SMS so that Google can verify your identity.
How to create an account or register an email in Gmail
- Enter the address https://accounts.google.com/signup, which corresponds to the registration page of a new Gmail account. You can also access www.gmail.comand click on the link ” Create an account “.
- Then you must enter your personal data for the creation of the account.
- Name and surname.
- Username (Gmail email address). This corresponds to the email address you will have. Unlike Outlook, Gmail only has the domain @ gmail.com, so your username will determine your email address in this service. This username should not be busy, otherwise, Gmail will give you some suggestions for other usernames. Finally, we must clarify that you can use letters, numbers or points in your address.
- Enter your password and confirm it by entering it again on the right. Google recommends using at least eight characters, combining letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Press the ” Next ” button.
- Next, you should verify your phone number. The phone number has two functions for Google: verify your identity to know that you are a real person (and not an automated program) and, on the other hand, use it as an account recovery method in case you lose access. Choose your country and enter your phone number and press the ” Next ” button.
- Check your cell phone in search of Google’s SMS, which should say something like the following: “G-XXXXXX is your Google verification code”, being XXXXXX the number you must enter on the website. When you do, press the “Next” button again. If you do not receive the SMS, you can request a call by clicking on the “Call” link, seconds after doing so an automatic operator will call you to tell you the code to enter on the website.
- Next, you must enter more personal information to complete the registration process. When finished, press “Next.”
- Verify your phone number; You can change it if you wish, but you must check the number again.
- Enter a recovery email; This information is optional but it will be very useful to verify your identity in case you lose access to your account.
- Enter your date of birth and your sex.
- The next step corresponds to a Google proposal to get the most out of your phone number. This will allow you to receive video calls and messages through Google; You can choose to accept or reject this proposal.
- Read and accept the privacy terms and conditions of use.
- Congratulations! Your Google account has already been created.
The Gmail app for Android and iOS
After registering your new Gmail email account, we recommend you download the service application to have immediate notifications when a new email arrives. You can also create a new account through the application.
Normally, the official Gmail application is already installed by default on Android devices, however, on iOS, you will have to install it unfailingly.
What to do after creating the account
After creating an email account in Gmail, you need to finish setting up your account by assigning all the privacy and security options that will allow you to use Google services with greater peace of mind. Here are some of our recommendations that you can follow after creating your new account.
- Assign phone number for account recovery: if you can no longer access your Gmail account you can recover it as long as you have assigned a recovery phone number. If you have not done so when creating your account, you can do so at any time from https://myaccount.google.com/signinoptions/rescuephone?edit
- Assign an alternate email address: Apart from the SMS verification method, you can also assign an alternate email from https://myaccount.google.com/recovery/email?edit
- Choose a strong password and change it regularly. You can change your password by following our guide on how to change the Gmail password.
- Make the most of your account by downloading the official Google applications that we have mentioned in this article.
Enjoy your Gmail account with peace of mind!
Where can you use your account?
Creating a new account in Gmail allows you to access dozens of services offered by Google at the same time. And it is that a Gmail account is synonymous with having a Google account, the only difference is that the Google account can be created with an external email address. If you wonder where you can log in with your new email address, we mention some services that you can access by simply logging in to Gmail.
- Google: You can sign in to Google’s own search engine for more personalized results. You can also log in to the application corresponding to the search engine.
- YouTube: A Gmail account allows you to directly access YouTube without registering again. Accessing YouTube you can save videos, upload your own content, comment, verify your age, among other benefits.
- Android: if you have an Android phone it will also be possible to log in to the Play Store and activate the mobile location services.
- Google Drive: with the creation of an email in Gmail you automatically get 5 GB free to store your files.
- Google Keep: With this service, you can keep your annotations in the cloud.
- Google Maps: who has not used it? Thanks to your Gmail account, you can have personalized addresses, save places as favorites, among other benefits.
- Google Ads: Google advertiser tools are also accessible with a Gmail email account.
- Google Chrome: save all your browsing information in the cloud by simply logging into this browser.
Final Words of How to create an account or register an email in Gmail
Here we describe How to create an account or register an email in Gmail. If you want to check the official list of all the services that Google offers for Gmail users, visit our products page, on Google.com.
Read More articles Click Here.